Wilson, JW and Baer, R. The Patient Experience: Medical Anthropology and Education in the 21st Century. In Preparation. Under-contract with Lexington books, Lexington Books. Anticipated completion date is June 2021.
- Schechter-Perkins, EM, Rothman, R, Faryar, K, Waxman, M, Hansoti, B, Lyons, M Hsieh, Y-H, Klein, E, May, L, Wilson, JW, and Martin, DR on behalf of the SAEM Emergency Medicine Transmissible Infectious Diseases and Epidemics interest group. Emergency Departments Can Bolster Influenza and COVID-19 Vaccination Programs: An EMTIDE Support Statement. SAEM PULSE. January-February 2021. Last Accessed February 2, 2021. https://issuu.com/saemonline/docs/saem_pulse_jan-feb_21/46
- Coyne, CJ, Ryees-Gibby, CC, Durham, D, Abar, B, Adler, D, Bastani, A, Bernstein, S, Baugh, C, Bischof, J, Grudzen, C, Henning, D, Hudson, M, Klotz, A, Lyman, G, Madsen, T, Pallin, D, Rico, J, Ryan, R, Shapiro, N, Swor, R, Thomas, C, Venkat, A, Wilson, JW, Yeung, SCJ, Caterino, J. Cancer Pain Management in the Emergency Department: A Multi-Center Prospective Observational Trial of the Comprehensive Oncologic Emergencies Research Network (CONCERN). Accepted for publication to Supportive Care for Cancer. January 4, 2021. Manuscript No: JSCC-D-20-01466R1
- Decker, S, Goldstein, TA, Ford, JM, Teng, M, Pugliese, RS, Berry, GJ, Pettengill, M, Silbert, S, Hazelton, TR, Wilson, JW, Shine, K, Wang, ZX, Hutchinson, M, Castagnaro, J, Bloom, OE, Breining, DA, Goldsmith, BM, Sinnott, JT, O’Donnell, DG, Crawford, JM, Lockwood, CJ, and Kim, K. 3D Printed Alternative to the Standard Flocked Synthetic Nasopharyngeal Swabs Used for COVID-19 testing. Clinical Infectious Disease. Online Ahead of Print September 10, 2020. PMID: 32910817.
- Villalona, S, Boxtha, C, Cervantes, C, Webb, W, Casteneda, H, and Wilson, JW. Discordance Between Satisfaction and Health Literacy Among Spanish-Speaking Patients with Limited English-Proficiency Seeking Emergency Department Care. Accepted with Revision (May 12, 2020) to Hispanic Health Care International.
- Villalona, S, Boxtha, C, Cervantes, C, Webb, W, Casteneda, H, and Wilson, JW. “If at Least the Patient Could Not Be Forgotten About. Accepted (August 15, 2020) to Journal of Patient Experience.
- Wilson, JW, Gillen, J.P, and Maute, T. Patient safety during rapid sequence intubation when using succinylcholine instead of non-depolarizing paralytic agents. Should we change a common RSI pathway? Accepted for Publication on June 18, 2020 to Journal of Emergencies, Trauma, and Shock. JETS_92_18
- Villalona, S, Wilson, JW, Boxtha, C, Cervantes, C, & Webb, W. “I Felt Invisible Most of the Time”. Communication and Satisfaction Among Patients Treated in ED Hallway Beds. Published Online American Journal of Emergency Medicine on May 4, 2020. PMID 3247563
- Baugh, CW, Levine, M, Cornutt, D, Wilson, JW, Kwun, R, Mahan, CE, Pollack, CV, Marcolini, EG, Milling Jr., TJ, Peacock, WF, Rosovsky, RP, Wu, F, Sarode, R, Spyropoulos, AC Villines, TC, Woods, TD, McManus, J, Williams, J. Anticoagulant Reversal Strategies in the Emergency Department Setting: Recommendations of a Multidisciplinary Expert Panel. November 2019 ePub. October 2020, 76(4):470-85. Annals of Emergency Medicine. PMID 31732375
- Wilson, JW, Sanmugalingham, G, Ozoya, O, Mueller-Pierce, L, Hundley, K, and Palakurty, SH. Acute HIV Infection in a Patient with Repeat HIV Antibody/Antigen Negative Resulting Presenting at an Urban Emergency Department: a Case Report. Journal of Emergency Medicine. Epublished. September 26, 2019. October 57(4): e113-e116. PMID 31500995
- Adler, D, Abar, B, Durham, DD, Bastrani, A, Bernstein, SL, Baugh, CW, Bischof, JJ, Coyne, CJ, Grudzen, CR, Henning, DJ, Hudson, MF, Klotz, Lyman, GH, Madsen, TE, Pallin, DJ, Reyes-Gibby, CC, Rico, JF, Ryan, RJ, Shapiro, NI, Swor, R, Thomas, CR, Venkat, A, Wilson, J, Yeung, S-CJ, Caterino, JM. Validation of the Emergency Severity Index (Version 4) for the Triage of Adult Emergency Department Patients with Active Cancer. Journal of Emergency Medicine. September 2019 57(3):354-361. PMID: 31353265
- Villalona, S, Jeannot, C, Yanez, M, Webb, W, Boxtha, C, and Wilson, JW. Minimizing Variability in Interpretation Modality Among Spanish Speaking Patients with Limited English Proficiency. Hispanic Health Care International. 2019 July 20. PMID: 31220928
- Caterino, JM, Adler, D, Durham, DD, Yeung, S-C.J, Hudson, MF, Bastani, A. Bernstein, SL, Baugh, CW, Coyne, CJ, Gruden, CR, Henning, DJ, Klotz, A., Madsen, TE, Pallin, DJ, R-G, C, Rico, JR, Ryan, RJ, Shapiro, NI, Swor, R, Venkat, A, Wilson, JW, Thomas, CR, Bischof, JJ, Lyman GH. Analysis of Diagnoses, Symptoms, Medications, and Admissions Among Patients with Cancer Presenting to Emergency Departments. JAMA Network Open. 2019 Mar 1; 2(3). PMID: 30901049
- Wilson, JW, Baer, RD, and Villalona SK. Patient Shadowing: An Integral Research Method, Teaching Tool for Premedical Undergraduates and Approach to Student Professional Development. Academic Medicine. ePublished Ahead of Print July 16, 2019. November 2019 94(11):1722-1727. PMID 31335819
- Connolly, SJ, Crowther, M, Eikelboom, JW, Gibson, CM, Curnutte, JT, Lawrence, JH, Yue, P, Bronson, MD, Lu, G, Conly, PB, Verhame, P, Schmidt, J, Middeldorp, S, Cohen, AT, Beyer-Westendorf, J, Albaladejo, P, Lopez-Sendon, J, Demchuk, AM, Pallin, DJ, Concha, M, Goodman, S, Leeds, J, Souza, S, Siegel, DM, Zotova, E, Meeks, B, Ahmad, S, Nakamya, J, Milling, TJ Jr, and the Annexa-4 Investigators (Member of the Annexa-4 Investigators). Full Study Report of Andexanet Alfa for Bleeding Associated with Factor Xa Inhibitors. New England Journal of Medicine. April 4, 2019. 380(14) 1326-1355. PMID: 30730782.
- Baugh, CW, Clark, CL, Wilson, JW, Stiell, IG, Kocheril, AG, Luck, KK, Pollack, CV Jr, Roumpf, SK, Tomassoni, GE, Williams, JM, Patel, BB, Wu, F, and Pines, JM. Creation and Implementation of an Outpatient Pathway for Atrial Fibrillation in the Emergency Department Setting: Results of an Expert Panel. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2018 September 25(9):1065-1075. PMID: 29524340
- Sinert, R., Levy, P., Bernstein, J., Brody, R., Silvotti, M., Moellman, J., Schranz, J., Baptista, J., Kimura, A., Nothaft, W., for the CAMEO Study Group. Randomized trial of Icatibant for Angiotension-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor-Induced Airway Angioedema. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. Published Online ahead of print May 25, 2017 (Member of the CAMEO Study Group). September – October 2017 5(5): 1402-1409 PMID: 28552382
- Mirarchi FL, Cooney TE, Venkat A, Wang D, Pope TM, Fant AL, Terman SA, Klauer KM, Williams-Murphy M, Gisondi MA, Clemency B, Doshi AA, Siegel M, Kraemer MS, Aberger K, Harman S, Ahuja N, Carlson JN, Milliron ML, Hart KK, Gilbertson CD, Wilson JW, Mueller L, Brown L, Gordon BD. TRIAD VIII: Nationwide Multicenter Evaluation to Determine Whether Patient Video Testimonials Can Safely Help Ensure Appropriate Critical Versus End-of-Life Care. J Patient Saf. 2017 Jun;13(2):51-61. PMID: 28198722
- Connolly, SJ et al., and the Annexa-4 Investigators. Andexanet Alfa for Acute Major Bleeding Associated with Factor Xa Inhibitors. The New England Journal of Medicine, ePub August 30, 2016. September 2016 375:1131-1141 (Member of the Anexxa-4 Investigators). DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1607887 PMID 27573206.
- Payor, A, Jois, P, Wilson, JW, Kedar, R, Nallemshetty, K, Grubb, S, Sullivan, C, Fowler T. Efficacy of Non-contrast computed tomography of the abdomen and pelvis for evaluating non-traumatic acute abdominal pain in the Emergency Department. December 2015 49(6):886-92. PMID 26306680 doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2015.06.062.
- The ProCESS Investigators. A Randomized Trial of Protocol Based Care for Early Septic Shock. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014 May 1; 370(18):1683-1693. (Member of the ProCESS Investigators). PMID 24635773
- Kellum, J, Bihorac, A, Lakhmir, C, Shaw, A, Al-khafaji, A, Davison, D, DeMuth, G, Fitzgerald, R, Ng Gong, M, Graham, D, Gunnerson, K, Heung, M, Jortani, S, Kleerup, E, Koyner, J, Krell, K, LeTourneau, J, Lissauer, M, Miner, J, Nguyen, HB, Ortega, L, Self, W, Sellman, R, Shi, J, Straseski, J, Szalados, J, Wilber, S, Walker, M, Wilson, JW, Wunderink, R, Zimmerman, J. Validation of Cell-Cycle Arrest Biomarkers for Acute Kidney Injury Using Clinical Adjudication. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. April 2014. 189(8):932-939.PMID 24559465
- Schocken, DM, Runyan, A, Willieme, A and JW Wilson. Medical Hierarchy and Medical Garb. Virtual Mentor: American Medical Association Journal of Ethics. June 2013;15(6) 538-543. PMID 23759164
- Wilson, JW and Diaz, C. Do Not Miss a Foreign Body in a Wound, Section 23, Wound Care, Chapter 348. Pages 788-789. Avoiding Common Errors in the Emergency Department. Amal Mattu and AS Chanmugam, SP Swadron, DP Woolridge, and ME Winters. Series Editor Lisa Marcucci. Wolter-Kluwer. Second Edition, 2017.