Awards and Commendations
City of Tampa Commendation for Covid-19 Public Service. December 2, 2021.
- Wilson, JW. Op-Ed: This Tampa ER doctor just got his Covid-19 vaccine and, when able, you should too. Online December 17, 2020; Print December 24, 2020.
- Wilson, JW. Here is the real face of the pandemic in Tampa Bay. December 7, 2020.
- Wilson, JW and Cruz, J. Special to the Tampa Tribune. Other Views. Telemedicine puts Florida out in front of better patient care. April 28, 2014.
- Wilson, JW. Special to the Tampa Tribune. Other Views. Advancing the case for fiscal liberalism. February 25, 2013.
- Mangat, MV, Mangat, GS, Prabhakaran, S, Wilson, JW, Floriani, LP, Linder, O. Berman, D, Kriseman, T, Ralford, A, Amin, D, Betzer, S, Ewig, J, Solo, A, Murthy, R, Sherling, D, Murthy, H, Saran, J, Asher, A, Levitt, P, Lizama-Clark, A, Burke-Galloway, L. Special to the Tampa Tribune. Other Views. Doctors: Gun control needed to stop ‘public health crisis’ January 20, 2013.
- Wilson, JW. Private care not answer for Medicaid. The Tampa Tribune. Other Views. March 28, 2011.
- Press Conference. City of Tampa Vaccine Mandate with Mayor Jane Castor. August 25, 2021
- The Mayor’s Hour with City of Tampa Mayor Jane Castor
- Café Con Tampa
- Covid Update. November 13, 2020
- Covid Update. June 23, 2020
- Covid Update. April 17, 2020
- Tampa General Hospital
- Public Service Announcement. Went to Use the ER. August 14, 2021
- Virtual Town Hall. Covid-19: Updates and Vaccines. January 27, 2021.
- Virtual Town Hall. Covid-19: Keeping Tampa Bay Safe. June 12, 2020.
- Virtual Town Hall. Covid-19: Safety Within Hospital Walls. June 25, 2020.
- Heart Attack or Stroke? Know the Signs. September 20, 2013.
- Tampa Bay Partnership – Covid Update. January 29, 2021.
- Tampa Bay Chamber
- Pushing Past the Pandemic. May 28, 2020.
- Hillsborough County Emergency Policy Group
- Invited Speaker, Invited by Florida Department of Health. Clinical support of county mask mandate. June 22, 2020.
- Invited Speaker, Invited by Florida Department of Health. Clinical support of county mask mandate and Covid updates. July 6, 2020.
- Save a life, Save your own life
- CPR, AEDs, lifesaving actions, signs and symptoms of stroke and heart attack. Brandon Lion’s Club (June 2014), Women’s Leadership Council, Tampa General Hospital Foundation. Maestros at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts (April 2013), Hillsborough County Property Appraiser’s Office Chalk Talk (March 2013), Tampa General Hospital Community Health Education (July 2011, November 2013).
- Boarding Times and Patient Safety Panel
- Moderated by ACEP President Dr. Schneider, ACEP SA Las Vegas, Nevada (September 2010). Talk given by study co-author Dr. David Wein.
- Tampa Bay Business Journal 2013 Up and Comers Under 40 (November 2013), After nomination, selected after formal competitive application process.
- Community Violence Prevention Collaborative
- Healthcare Subcommittee, Member (September 2013 – July 2014), Designed strategic plan to decrease community violence by providing increased county. and city resources for the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disease.
- The Family Healthcare Foundation, Board Member
- (November 2012 – Present)
- Oversee administration of central Florida grant funding awarded to enroll patients into insurance plans participating in the Affordable Care Act subsidy program.
- Reach Up, Inc., Board Member
- November 2011 – 2015
- Oversee programs with a budget of over 2 million dollars that improve prenatal, perinatal and postnatal healthcare. Decrease infant mortality rates and rate of pre-term gestational births in Hillsborough County.
- Hillsborough County Health Care Advisory Board, At Large Member
- Hillsborough County Health Care Plan (September 2011 – Present)
- Ensure that healthcare plan is maintaining operational solvency and meeting core mission to provide healthcare access in Hillsborough County. Identify future directions for healthcare plan spending and recognize potential threats to healthcare plan resources.
6. Vice-Chair, Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- City of Tampa (May 2011 – May 2013)
- Appointed by Tampa City Council
- Develop programs to increase participation in financial incentive plans developed for county EZDA Zones in order to stimulate business and financial growth.